2017 Sports Camp Dates are Here!
July 24-29th in San Diego
NEW SPORT THIS YEAR:
Join us for the 31st Annual Adaptive Sports and Recreation Association’s (ASRA) Junior Adaptive Sports Camp for physically disabled children ages 4-18. This unique summer camp is sponsored by the Anthem Blue Cross Foundation, and fills the need for a camp and year round programs for kids with a physical disability who wanted an opportunity to play sports.
- 5 days- 15 different sports experiences
- 2 locations- North Crown Point Shores Mission Bay (for water sports) and San Diego Miramar College (land sports)
- Over 70 children participate with various disabilities including spinal cord injuries, amputations, spina bifida, cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy
- Nursing station available daily for those kids needing extra medical attention during camp
- Transportation available
- Athletes grouped by age and ability
Volunteers and sports counselors who share a passion for adaptive sports will help Athletes learn the fundamentals of sports!
- wheelchair basketball
- wheelchair tennis
- hand cycling
- water tubing
- water skiing
- wheelchair soccer
- rugby and much more.....
Athletes develop important skills to help them stay active and healthy, develop positive self-esteem, leadership skills, independence and most importantly, open them up to a whole new world of possibilities! It is truly a life changing experience for the kids and their families that takes place in a positive, loving and fun atmosphere!
Please join us this year and Register early as camp fills up fast!
Give your child the opportunity to play!